Email Elder Davis at: christopher.davis@myldsmail.net

Mail:

Guatemala Retalhuleu Mission

Iglesia Mormona, Boulevard Centenario

Salida a Coatepeque,Zona 2,Apt Postal 26

Retalhuleu

GUATEMALA 11001




Monday, February 29, 2016

The Latest from Elder Davis

Dear everybody, 

This week has been a bit of a trial thanks to the falling through of the two very anticipated baptisms scheduled for this past Saturday. I really don't understand why the baptisms fell through; we have worked hard with these two young men, we've taught the doctrine, and we have taught it all with love... We had a few unsavory lessons with members that don't understand the doctrine, but I try not to think about all of that because I honestly think that God is trying to humble me. I caught myself complaining a lot after the fact and had to repent. My comp and I are still banking on the hope that Kevin and Gustavo will get baptized in the month of May. As for the rest of our investigators, we have found several positive people but we are having a difficult time getting them to church. Sunday is seen as the day of rest here but typically not from a religious standpoint. It is the day in which everyone sleeps in and has fun. One huge challenge that I face here in the mission is the lack of importance the people here put with their commitments... I love them but they lie to me... a lot.

During Divisions I had another little morsel of archeological goodness last Wednesday. We were visiting a recent convert who told us about a buried city right around the corner. After the visit he we made a 30 minute excursion to the site. It was all buried, but I got to see some beautifully carved stones that are really well preserved. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera but one of these p-days my comp and I are going to go see them. What a treat. 


Well that's the bit for this week.  Thanks to all who love and support me. I would also like to invite all of you to embrace all of the challenges that you may face in life. I can testify that many of them come from your Heavenly Father with nothing more than our benefit in mind. Be thou humble! -Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment