Email Elder Davis at: christopher.davis@myldsmail.net

Mail:

Guatemala Retalhuleu Mission

Iglesia Mormona, Boulevard Centenario

Salida a Coatepeque,Zona 2,Apt Postal 26

Retalhuleu

GUATEMALA 11001




Monday, February 15, 2016

The latest from Elder Davis

FECHAS!

This week has been a week of blessings while my comp and I have been working hard. I am starting to feel a bit more lively as I get back the energy my parasites have been robbing from me. In other words we are getting back to the grind and seeing the fruits of our labors. As of right now we have 2 young men scheduled to be baptized on the 27th and a family that wants to get baptized as well. The family will take a bit of time because they are immigrants and unmarried... its going to be complicated. The two baptismal dates that we have are Kevin(16) and Gustavo(19); both of these young men are very spiritually prepared and ready to make big changes in their lives. Kevin, for example has been attending seminary every weekday at 5 in the morning... good stuff! The aforementioned family is a family of an incredibly dedicated member of the branch here in Pueblo Nuevo, so we are making no delays in getting them married and baptized. Although it will take more than a month, I am confident that they will get baptized.

Elder Retana and I are getting along really well talking with all the people we can. This week with some investigators I took a look  at on of the children's textbooks. The pages of the book were numbered in both arabic and Mayan numerals... so I took a few minutes, went through the pages and found out how to use Mayan numerals! Later I taught my comp and we have been having some fun with it. I loved being enveloped in the Mayan culture the way I am.


Thanks for the letters and all of the loving support! The Church is the one and only led by Christ Himself! Keep on. -Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment