Email Elder Davis at: christopher.davis@myldsmail.net

Mail:

Guatemala Retalhuleu Mission

Iglesia Mormona, Boulevard Centenario

Salida a Coatepeque,Zona 2,Apt Postal 26

Retalhuleu

GUATEMALA 11001




Monday, February 8, 2016









Yup You heard right... I went to Takalik Abaj (Insert Indiana Jones theme song)

This week Elder Godinez had transfers and I have received a new companion. My new comp is Elder Retana from Durango, Mexico. I have learned a lot about the grace of God in my life. I have seen that my Heavenly Father  keeps blessing me even when I am ungrateful or undeserved. I was not expecting change since I had only been with Elder Godinez one transfer. I was having a bit of a rough time with him because he wasn't wanting to work much due to having little time left in the mission. Needless to say I was being a little ungrateful and wishing for a comp that would be my bro but a dedicated missionary as well. Well... my ingratitude has been answered once again (just like with my mission call) with a blessing. Elder Retana and I get along incredibly well and have a lot of fun while we are sweating our buts off and getting called liars. Even though he has not given any real attention to it, he and i have had a good time talking lots about archeology and history. The only downside is that we are so similar that sometimes we get a little out of hand... yet we do well maintaining the spirit with us and learning all that we can. Good stuff.

We have left several of the investigators that I had with my last comp because they haven't been keeping commitments or they have frankly told us that they aren't interested...#areabook. Yet we have found some very positive new ones and resumed the progression of some old investigators. One of them being a young women named Jackelyn who is 16 years old and knows a ton about the church. As of right now we have cleared up some past doubts and challenged her to read and pray. I have all confidence that she will get dunked here quick. She has even talked with us a lot about serving a mission is she finds that the church is true. So be looking forward to some baptisms in the future and lots of new investigators.

Finally I had the chance to get to some ruins, thanks to some incessant begging on my part... we didn't get to see all of the site or the on-site museum because the entire zone was more interested in the gift shop than the ruins... but I am not complaining because the trip was a great experience and a revitalizing experience for my passion. While I was admiring the ruins and annoying the tour guide I noticed an older-looking gringo walking in the distance. I felt the need to talk to him and it turned out he was an atheist... but an anthropologist as well. I ended walking through the ruins with him and discussing what we were seeing. Naturally I explained to him my aspirations and asked his advise. He gave me some great council and assured me that I am well on my way. God wants desperately that we have true happiness and that we find it pursuing our dreams that were given us before this life. God is our loving Heavenly Father and knows us personally. He sees and realizes everything that we do in every circumstance. The church is True! -Elder Davis

P.S. I was literally running to take all of the photos that I could of the ruins so they didn't turn out that great.

No comments:

Post a Comment