Email Elder Davis at: christopher.davis@myldsmail.net

Mail:

Guatemala Retalhuleu Mission

Iglesia Mormona, Boulevard Centenario

Salida a Coatepeque,Zona 2,Apt Postal 26

Retalhuleu

GUATEMALA 11001




Monday, February 22, 2016

The latest from Elder Davis

Here in Guatemala time is passing a little quicker than I would like... the weeks feel like days. It stresses me a bit when I realize just how much time I already have in the country. I often find my self criticizing my past efforts and thinking that I haven't given it my all... Yet I am doing what I can to take some of these negative feelings and converting them into positive motivation. Right now I am really motivated and working hard with some of the investigators that we have. We have those two young men scheduled to be baptized this Saturday. We are also working diligently with the family from El Salvador. The youths of the family are all very positive, the parents and grandmother are a little more difficult because they are deeply rooted in Catholic traditions. Although, I am confident in the converting power of the spirit that is with us. This has been a rough week in terms of news. The people here are really stubborn and don't put much importance in our message or invitations. I can't help but sympathize their perspective but it is frustrating none-the-less. 

Recently I have developed the controversial habit of asking the people I visit if they have found ancient objects... Its great for gaining the confidence of the people and satisfying my highly starved history crave. I love it for obvious reasons (everyone has stuff!) but also it serves well in showing the people that I am not just some prideful gringo that doesn't care about their culture and only wanting them to be baptized. 


Thanks to all that support me through your prayers and letters. The church is true and it is governed by Christ himself. Also, we are all children of God, so... be loving instead of prejudiced. Bendiciones. -Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment