Email Elder Davis at: christopher.davis@myldsmail.net

Mail:

Guatemala Retalhuleu Mission

Iglesia Mormona, Boulevard Centenario

Salida a Coatepeque,Zona 2,Apt Postal 26

Retalhuleu

GUATEMALA 11001




Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Weeks Gone By









This week was yet another flash of time in history. Pedro is no longer progressing because he has some weird ideas about the Holy Spirit and resurrection. Right now we are working with three really cool families that are interested and they are even related to some good members of the branch. We had some very spiritual lessons with them, however, getting the people to leave their crops and animals on Sunday seems almost impossible sometimes... Yet, the miracles don't come until after the trial of your faith. Manuela is also reading the Book of Mormon and showing a lot of positivity but she has had a hard time making it to church because her 5 month old baby has been really sick.

My comp and I are getting along really well and doing our best to stay animated and be obedient. He is very obedient and a good example which helps me improve daily. I have got him saying and doing a lot of the goofy things I do. I am not sure if that is a good thing or not, but we have fun.

Tomorrow we will have interviews with President Goodman which I believe will be very motivating: I hope to learn a lot.

Being District Leader is trying me, especially because my area needs to be the model area and we are having a difficult time getting it up to that standard. Also, some of the elders are not getting along with their comps. Notwithstanding one area is preparing A MIRACLE FAMILY for baptism. I am very excited to work with them more.

This P-day was pretty fun and the little distraction I needed to get me a little de-stressed. We played volleyball and ate carne asada.


I have started to make the development of a different Christlike attribute party of my weekly goals. I am currently striving to be more diligent in order to be more constantly in tune with the Spirit to work the Lord´s way. Keep me in your prayers and know that the church is true. 

-ElderDavis

No comments:

Post a Comment