Email Elder Davis at: christopher.davis@myldsmail.net

Mail:

Guatemala Retalhuleu Mission

Iglesia Mormona, Boulevard Centenario

Salida a Coatepeque,Zona 2,Apt Postal 26

Retalhuleu

GUATEMALA 11001




Monday, October 17, 2016

A Baptism


I finally had the opportunity to get back into a baptismal font! The man that was baptized is from Soche (the sisters area that was in my district) and I had the opportunity to teach him twice about a month ago and for some reason he wanted me to baptize him. If you remember he is the man that has the special needs child named Woody. His wife was baptized 2 weeks ago, therefore the family is all-member and preparing for the temple. This family is very special and I was so happy to have been able to see their conversion.

In Palo Gordo we have been focusing in finding new people and working with the more dedicated members, so far we have seen results. On Saturday we found a very positive family and surprisingly the dad is the one that wants to learn the most. He asked a lot of good questions in the first lesson and understood very well what we taught; the spirit was very strong. I believe his biggest obstacle will be taking time out of work to attend church.

I will likely have transfers this time around and even though I really like my current comp, am hoping to be sent with a latino. 


The mission is teaching me a ton and  treating me relatively well ;). The Church is true and Christ lives.¡Les quiero un monton!

Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment