Email Elder Davis at: christopher.davis@myldsmail.net

Mail:

Guatemala Retalhuleu Mission

Iglesia Mormona, Boulevard Centenario

Salida a Coatepeque,Zona 2,Apt Postal 26

Retalhuleu

GUATEMALA 11001




Monday, October 5, 2015

New Area for Elder Christopher Davis







¡Nueva Area!

So I have changed areas already...I am the only missionary in my group to have changed. My trainer was convinced that he would leave San Pablo, and had packed his bags and everything in prep for the change meeting... Then I, having done none of the things he did, had to leave. Already I miss the members and my investigators there. Even worse I only had 2 hours to say goodbye to everyone, the majority of which were not home. Thus, I don't have photos of most of them. I didn't think it would be that hard... I really dont look forward to changes now. Not to mention, I am missing out on their baptisms the 10th! ROSHE!

My area is called Samayac, a town outside of Mazatenango. I don't know much about it but I think that it will be really really good. I have met some really great members and the people seem to be really kind here. I already like my zone, the majority of them seem really great.  Also, One of my best friends from the CCM is in my zone, Elder Salazar de Peru. You can see a lot of huge volcanoes around my area, there are even some Spanish ruins in my area! I Can see a ruined cathedral from my bedroom window... As you can imagine, when I first saw it, I went nuts. However, naturally, nobody else cares. I still love seeing all of the women dressed in the traditional maya corte, whenever I am struggling I just look around and remind myself  that I am in Guatemala... and then I am better. Also, whenever I am frustrated with someone, particularly men, I simply imagine them in traditional ancient mayan regalia and I like them a lot more. Call my methods weird if you would like, but they work for me, so... I do what I want. Also in my new area I live in a house with three other latinos, so no more English. I live with Elder Peralta from Peru, Elder Cano from Honduras, and Elder Herrera from Bolivia. Elder Herrera is my new comp, he teaches really well, but is really lazy... yup, just what I was afraid of... he always wants to rest, and when we got home from conference this Sunday I suggested that we visit members for references and and less actives to help them, but he insisted on sleeping... so I am going to have to be really forward and pushy with him, something I am terrible at. yet, the lord knows best, and I feel that I will grow a lot this change. 

Other than that is the usual... My Spanish is better all of the time, I am getting so much better at understanding, I can understand almost everything as long as there isn't to much noise around me and if the other person has most of their remaining teeth at the front of the mouth. My teaching is improving and  I am really coming to love the scriptures. One of the hardest things about the mission is that it exposes so many of your weaknesses and you have to organize a way to improve them... but there are just so many! Ether 12:27 is my theme right now! Keep it real in the Burg for me.   -Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment