Email Elder Davis at: christopher.davis@myldsmail.net

Mail:

Guatemala Retalhuleu Mission

Iglesia Mormona, Boulevard Centenario

Salida a Coatepeque,Zona 2,Apt Postal 26

Retalhuleu

GUATEMALA 11001




Monday, May 1, 2017

Cuandos sudas estando dormido... sabes que hay calor...








Here in sunny Reu its been HOT and we've received very little rain surprisingly. Although we have had some good electric storms. Maybe it is because I was in the mountains for so long, but I can't seem to get used to being sweaty and sticky constantly, and I have kind of given up on trying to style my hair... pero todo ello es superficial, llegemos a lo interesante...

This week we found an awesome single mom who's husband passed away about six months ago. Her name is Eluvia, and her son, Armando, and her were positive from the very start and accepted to prepare to be baptized the twentieth of this month. As you can imagine they are going through some pretty tough economic situations and weren't sure if they would be able to make it on Sunday... but, they said they would try. On Sunday morning my comp and I went to go bring them to church, hoping to find them at home.  As we walked towards their apartment complex we saw Eluvia walking towards the church with here 3 year-old-son. We assumed that Armando had gone to work or run errands, when we saw him come running around the corner! He had gone to run errands, but he did it at 5 in the morning to be able to attend church. I can't wait to see them baptized. We were working with some other very cool people but we ended up having to give them up to the assistants because they live in their area.

I would like to write more but I always end up running out of time because I type slow... gonna have to make that a priority when I get home...

I know this church is true and that being anxiously engaged in the Lord's work is the most satisfying thing we can do.

-Elder Davis

P.S. The fotos are of some great exchanges we did on Wednesday... and of AWESOME archeological pieces members have...

No comments:

Post a Comment