Email Elder Davis at: christopher.davis@myldsmail.net

Mail:

Guatemala Retalhuleu Mission

Iglesia Mormona, Boulevard Centenario

Salida a Coatepeque,Zona 2,Apt Postal 26

Retalhuleu

GUATEMALA 11001




Monday, April 24, 2017

Gripe, calor intenso, y Mangos... ¡todo esta excelente!

All week I have had a bad cold,and a bit of stomach irritation. On top of that I have been sweating a ton! I sweat when I'm asleep, I sweat when I walk, and when I exert myself... I sweat a whole lot more. However, all is well because I love what I'm doing here and there seems to always be a mango to cheer me up (or like 5 or 6).

Elder Prior and I are getting along great and working hard. We have had to run a lot of errands for other areas and be in a few more meetings than usual, therefore we had a bit of time taken away from us, but we were able to find some very cool people this week, including a few families; namely, the Rodas family. We found them contacting and have since taught them twice. They have a strong desire to find the truth and make a good future for themselves and their children, the hard part is that they work a lot, like many here, but this week we are going to get them to church. We are also working a lot with the ward council, so, we are hoping to get the members more involved in the work.

Elder Medina, told me that two of our investigators in Sn. Rafael are getting baptized! Jeser and Leanardo. President has been giving permission to a lot of missionaries to go to the baptisms of their past investigators, but, sadly, I didn't get permission because Sn. Rafael is pretty far away.

Lately I have been learning a lot about the importance of persistence. Things may get tough, but you have to keep going, no matter how long and hard the road may be.  We can have faith that there is a promised land waiting for us at the end. Consider the example of Nephi... Desert, abundance, the great sea, and then the promised land... He and his family went through a TON but it was all worth it in the end; they were persistent. Remember that the pyramids were built one brick at a time, and the mansions that wait for the righteous are going be so much better... with Celestial Jacuzzis... YUS!

The Church is true!

I love ya bunches.

-Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment