Email Elder Davis at: christopher.davis@myldsmail.net

Mail:

Guatemala Retalhuleu Mission

Iglesia Mormona, Boulevard Centenario

Salida a Coatepeque,Zona 2,Apt Postal 26

Retalhuleu

GUATEMALA 11001




Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Christmas!

I can't believe that Christmas is just a week away. As I said the year before... it doesn't feel like Christmas due to the lack of snow and American Christmas traditions, but I think the tamales will do. I received my packages and loved what they had for me; I probably should have waited until Christmas day to open them, but patience is still something that needs some work. Thanks.

The Christmas initiative is all based on service and therefore we have been doing a lot. We have especially been doing a lot of construction work. Because we aren't professionals we have really been doing a lot of carrying and unloading which has got me some decently callused hands. We also had a multi zone conference with President Goodman which was very uplifting and we ate some delicious food at the end as we always do.

The work will be pretty slow for these next two weeks especially because both Christmas day and New Years fall on Sundays... which means it will be almost impossible to get people to church. Yet we have a lot of people that are progressing that have attendances and will be able to be baptized in January.

I hope you can all strive to follow the example of our Savior in this wonderful season to "light the world" with your love and faith, serving all of those in need. In reality it isn't difficult since we all have necessities both temporal and spiritually. The church is true. I love you all.


-Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment