Email Elder Davis at: christopher.davis@myldsmail.net

Mail:

Guatemala Retalhuleu Mission

Iglesia Mormona, Boulevard Centenario

Salida a Coatepeque,Zona 2,Apt Postal 26

Retalhuleu

GUATEMALA 11001




Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Beloved friends and family

This week was full of spiritual lessons. We didn't find a ton of people, but those we found were all very positive; we even found some families (that give us MEALS whenever we visit)! All of the people we found are from the same village and, unfortunately, the ENTIRE village was invited to a birthday party that was held on Sunday, and where there may be free food... alli esta la gente... and cake and tamales are a bit more enticing than the sacrament in the mind of he that hasn't been taught.

Our investigator Pedro attended once again, to our surprise, because we weren't able to go and get him Sunday morning and he lives pretty far away and is a very much elderly. I was giving a talk when I saw him enter in the sacrament room and just about started crying because no other investigator had shown up. I am really hoping he gets baptized. The rough part is that the members aren't very pilas at fellowshipping investigators here.


This week I got a little down and didn't have a very strong desire to teach, however, upon praying the Lord helped me recover my enthusiasm and speak with everyone. The power of prayer is real and the church is true. Love y'all lots. Que Dios me los bendiga.  -Elder Davis

Tell Trey to write me and send me pics. and Parker too... fools.

No comments:

Post a Comment