Email Elder Davis at: christopher.davis@myldsmail.net

Mail:

Guatemala Retalhuleu Mission

Iglesia Mormona, Boulevard Centenario

Salida a Coatepeque,Zona 2,Apt Postal 26

Retalhuleu

GUATEMALA 11001




Monday, January 11, 2016

Happy Birthday and Baptisms from Elder Davis

 




BAPTISMS... and my birthday...

This Saturday we baptized Esther, Maritza and Luz. It was a great experience and a struggle as well whereas we had to assemble this portable font without instructions ... I absolutely love these three women and thanks to their faith and diligence I believe that we are going to baptize many of their family members which are listening to us as well. The rough part is that the  members of the family weren't able to attend church this Sunday... yet I believe that we are going to baptize them the last Saturday of this month. We are going for 7 baptism this month; I am confident that we are going to do it. The most promising of them all is a family of five, the family of Balis and Dztuli. They moved into the same house as our converts just a week after we had found them, by "coincidence" we found that Balis is the brother of a recent convert in the branch here and began working with him today. This house of 25 people is pure gold... speaking in terms of potential, it is actually incredibly humbling.

I had a great birthday/baptism celebration Saturday after the ordinance with the whole family of the baptisms... there where so many kids... It was a lot of fun and we ate some really good popusas, fried chicken and cake.

This week we will be focusing on this huge family and finding new ones, We are working hard and seeing the fruits of our labors. Yet I still know that we can do better. I have been pretty tired this week whereas my comp and I have been a bit sick, and I have been a bit dehydrated. It is difficult when the heat ruins your water and the only clean water is bought or boiled... 

My testimony of selfless service has grown a lot recently and I can truly testify that the less you think of yourself the happier you will be. I still find myself thinking too much of my interests and being a perfectionist with my Spanish, but I am getting better all of the time and I am loving my investigators! The church is true and Christ is the perfect example that we should always strive to follow. ¡Cuidense!  -Elder Davis


No comments:

Post a Comment