Email Elder Davis at: christopher.davis@myldsmail.net

Mail:

Guatemala Retalhuleu Mission

Iglesia Mormona, Boulevard Centenario

Salida a Coatepeque,Zona 2,Apt Postal 26

Retalhuleu

GUATEMALA 11001




Monday, December 14, 2015

This Week from Elder Davis



Homemade Gym!

TRANSFERS... Again,

Yup you heard correct, I had transfers again. Leaving Samayac was pretty rough, really rough... I love the investigators and members that we were working with there, it seems like president pulls me out of my areas just as we start having lots of success. I may not speak perfect Spanish or be the smartest missionary out here but I really think I've got the love part down. I genuinely love this country and its inhabitants. It was very hard to leave the people of Samayac, and several of them broke into tears when I left... I was glad that I wasn't the only one.

I am now in a small town in the foothills of the mountains called Pueblo Nuevo, Suchitepequez. The area is beautiful with some great sights and a giant smoking volcanoe not to far off in the distance. The climate is also extremely agreeable, I sleep like a baby at night... I am here with an elder named Elder Godinez, from Honduras. So far we get along really well, and are working hard. I am very excited, because he is district leader, meaning that I will pretty much be managing the area whereas he will be doing lots of divisions outside of the area. He says that if I do well this change he will recomend that I train. I really like the idea of working with a new elder that has a completely mold-able mind and that has yet to develop bad habits.

I don't have a lot to say about investigators because I am still new, but there weren't a ton when I arrived. I guess the work has been realatively slow here and the branch of 30 active members is passing over a rough patch. The president is really blunt and machetes the members openly, thus some have left the church and obviously everybody wants him out, but there isn't anybody qualified to replace him. Yet the members that have remained faithful are really hard-working and are helping us out a lot. The members here are also really good about feeding us. Since I have arrived we have found 12 positive people, 3 of which have already accepted that they need to be baptized, so we will be working with them a lot. I love contacting in the mission, and it is interesting how the spirit guides you without realizing.


Well a rather dull letter.  I love you guys and I love this gospel, I am working hard and improving all of the time. The church is true! -Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment