Email Elder Davis at: christopher.davis@myldsmail.net

Mail:

Guatemala Retalhuleu Mission

Iglesia Mormona, Boulevard Centenario

Salida a Coatepeque,Zona 2,Apt Postal 26

Retalhuleu

GUATEMALA 11001




Monday, November 30, 2015

Amoebas!

La Danta at El Mirador


To the Burg,

Its the time of the the year in which it should actually be feeling like a burg... That's not the case here in the Guat, its still really hot. The people have been complaining lately that the nights are getting cold, but they are just starting to get comfortable to me. The only thing that really feels like Christmas is the lights and the random crackle or boom of fireworks. They sell cheap explosives on just about every corner... The kids here are just going nuts! I am also enjoying all of the festivities in the parks, naturally I can't participate much but it's fun to see all of the decorations and games. Also, the locals are repairing the central cathedral. It may not be very comfortable or clean but I am loving western Guatemala.

I glanced over a newspaper the other day that happened to be spotlighting El Mirador and the work of Richard Hansen, confirming that the pyramid La Danta as the largest in the world. I can't wait to dig over there after the mission! (see video above).

We had 3 baptisms this week! We baptized three kids, a 10 year old, and two 11 year olds. They are the children of a less active woman that we hope to reactivate. The older brother is showing a lot of interest in the church as well! We are also working with a young 25 year old woman that is very interested and has accepted a baptismal date! She is named Irma. The work has been hard recently because the members of our branch are really lazy. There is one RM that really wants to help us but.... he got his rights suspended... Also, this week I had to go to the hospital because I got amoebas and they wanted to check out my lungs. Needless to say I barfed a lot. Yet I am starting to feel a lot better, I just have to take lots of pills that leave my mouth tasting like it's full of quarters.

Other than that I am doing good, I just have lots to improve and people I really want to baptize! The church is true and God gives you your dreams for a reason... just go out an get them and trust in the support of your loving Heavenly Father.  


-Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment