Email Elder Davis at: christopher.davis@myldsmail.net

Mail:

Guatemala Retalhuleu Mission

Iglesia Mormona, Boulevard Centenario

Salida a Coatepeque,Zona 2,Apt Postal 26

Retalhuleu

GUATEMALA 11001




Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Hola from Guatemala City

Mountains Outside of Guatemala City
HOLA, 

Life is chuggin along here in the CCM, Come next Tuesday...I will be in the field! I am so excited about that. I still have a long way to go but the teachers say I am ready for the field. They say that my Spanish will skyrocket once I get out there. Things are improving a bit with my comp, but he still won't listen to me... I am getting really kind of sick of my district and all of the gossip. With almost 150 people in one complex 24/7 gossip spreads like wildfire and people are really competitive with silly things like progress in the language, Book of Mormon, and so forth. I feel like I am doing good keeping out of it though. We had a really good devo yesterday with an area authority, I received a lot of inspiration. I have found that I need to be more selfless and devoted, any self-pity or slack will only hinder my progress. I am so ready to start teaching real people. I am sick of the role-plays. From my experience at the immigration center I can already tell that I am going to fall in love with these people. Right now I am just praying for a good trainer... I ship out for the field next Tuesday. It is sad how excited I am to get on a ghetto school bus and drive 6 plus hours. My eyes are going to be glued to the window the whole time! Hopefully I get a window seat... It's the small things that give me hope. It has been raining here and it looks and smells wonderful... at least the mountain outside our window does. There are two elders in my district that I am bummed to be leaving... but, both of them are headed to Retalhuleu also so I will get to see them around a bit. Well thats my bit, the monotony rolls on in the CCM ... If you can't already tell the anticipation of departure is killing me... love you all!


Elder Davis

Oh and my next email will simply be to tell you I am alive, It will be sent upon my arrival at the mission home.

No comments:

Post a Comment