Email Elder Davis at: christopher.davis@myldsmail.net

Mail:

Guatemala Retalhuleu Mission

Iglesia Mormona, Boulevard Centenario

Salida a Coatepeque,Zona 2,Apt Postal 26

Retalhuleu

GUATEMALA 11001




Tuesday, June 7, 2016

New Area for Elder Davis










Hey Gang,

So I was right after all, I am now in a small town called Palo Gordo (Fat Tree) in the department San Marcos; THE MOUNTAINS! The mountains feels like a completely different mission, so I'm getting a kind of fresh start. 

I am loving the weather here. It feels just like Rexburg in the fall just with freezing cold rain... The people here are a much less receptive than those of the coast however I am doing as Og Mandino said and making LOVE my unbeatable weapon. My new comp Is Elder Villegas from Bolivia, he only has 4 months in the mission and has a lot of potential. 

Thus far what I am liking most about the area are the members; the members here are super "pilas" and are willing to give referencias and work with us. Their humble dedication to the Lord is astounding. It really puts meaning to the scripture in D&C that says that the lord will us the simple and weak to do his work. Two days ago with one of such members we found a really positive family that is really prepared, it's just up to us to bring the spirit into their home.

Lately in the mission I have been learning a lot about simply persevering and not allowing failure and disappointment hold you back and the limitless power of loving others, your circumstances, and yourself. I am loving the mission and Guatemala and being able represent my Savior in such a way.  #tortillasRlife


-Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment